1. Stop right where you are. Take a deep breath and look around you, listing everything you are grateful to have in your life. Don’t see anything? Look harder.
2. Do something for someone else. Good deeds make us feel good. There is nothing like the feeling of making a difference to brighten your day.
3. Change up your routine. Just because you always do things a particular way, doesn’t mean you always have to. Walk rather than drive, try a new food or say hello to the shopkeeper who you usually ignore.
4. Focus on connection, don’t worry about how it looks, just dedicate some time to real connection. Turn off the TV and play a game instead, go for a family stroll to the beach after dinner, share a bath, talk about your dreams. Be together without the distraction of internet or phones.
5. Be in the moment. Stop worrying about what’s happened in the past or how much you have to do later. If it helps you to get your thoughts in order, write a list and schedule what you need to do to free up your mind. Then let it go. Enjoy the people you are with, and be fully present in the moment.
6. Do something silly and spontaneous. Usually what is standing in the way of us doing something really fun, is really just a lot of nonsense reasons that in the grand scheme of things, really don’t matter. Don’t be afraid to jump in with both feet. Dive into the sea fully dressed, run bare foot across a field, whatever takes your fancy, do it and do it fully!
7. Get outdoors. Sit under a tree or in a meadow of flowers. Breath in and realise how incredible our universe is, and how amazing it is that you are able to be a part of it.
8. Don’t judge yourself by someone else’s standards. You are YOU. There has never been and will never again be another you. Embrace that person, and let others carry the burden if they have issues with that.
9. Exercise. Dance, swim, run and if you can’t do that, exercise your mind. Read write, branch out and explore the depths of your imagination.
10. Eat more fruit and vegetables. No one ever regretted eating healthily at the end of a day. Juice up, make fruit smoothies, eat a salad, snack on berries. Fill yourself with natures bounty and watch as you become more vibrant, energetic and healthy.
If you enjoyed this article, I would love it if you clicked one of the share buttons below, thank you for your support!
To get the latest articles on Natural Parenting straight to your inbox, sign up to follow the blog at the bottom of the page!
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net