1. Read a story
2. Make eye contact
3. Listen to them talk about their interests
4. Share a sweet story from their baby days with them
5. Talk to them about one of your passions
6. Go for a slow walk around the neighbourhood, with no destination in mind
7. Turn off your phone and don’t pick it up again for an hour
8. Paint together
9. Share a bath
10. Have a dance off!
11. Blow bubbles
12. Do a puzzle
13. Ask about their dreams
14. Share yours!
15. Make a den under the table and whisper to each other while you’re hiding there
16. Get in bed and read stories
17. Do yoga together
18. Plant seeds
19. Bake a cake
20. Give them a massage
21. Brush their hair gently. Ask them to do yours.
22. Sing “This little piggy” on their toes and “Round and round the garden” on their hands.
24. Listen fully and ask questions about what they are saying
25. Make a poster of all the things you love about each other. Run out of paper before you run out of ideas!
26. Go swimming
27. Challenge yourself to do something new together – ice skating, rowing, whatever! Enjoy the experience and make a memory!
28. Do something totally spontaneous
29. Say “I love you.”
30. Stay up late to lay outside under the stars, cuddled up under a blanket
31. Make hot chocolate and drink it together by candlelight
32. Teach them a skill of yours
33. Ask for their help, and then be patient when they work at their own pace
34. Go on a picnic
35. Sit together in silence, enjoying one another’s company with no distractions
36. Do something just because it is kind, without asking for anything in return
37. Look at their baby photos together
38. Share stories and photographs from your youth
39. Tell them how you felt when you first held them in your arms
40. Ask them how they would like to spend the day and then do it, throwing yourself into their plan with enthusiasm and joy!
What can you add to the list?
If you enjoyed this article I would love it if you clicked the share button below, thank you!
To get the latest articles on Natural Parenting straight to your inbox, sign up to follow the blog!